150 g rice flour HCW Gluten-Free Flour
70 g unsalted butter, chilled, plus extra for greasing
1 vanilla pod (or 1 tsp. vanilla extract)
1 lemon, or orange
Milk, for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Put your flour mix in a large bowl.
- Cube the butter, then use your fingers to massage it in to form breadcrumbs.
- Split the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds into your mix.
- Grate in the lemon or orange zest, then mix in the Erythritol & Stevia Blend.
- Add 2 tablespoons cold water to the mix, then quickly and gently work it into a dough.
- Wrap your dough in clingfilm and allow to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge. Place a large sheet of greaseproof paper in front of you, put the chilled dough on top, place another sheet of greaseproof paper on top and thinly roll out your pastry (this way you won’t need any extra flour).
- Grease a pie or muffin tin well.
- Cut out approx. 12 pastry circles (big enough for your tin and lids)
- Cut out the same number of star lids with a star cutter. If you don’t have a star cutter, just make round lids.
- Place a round in each of the pie moulds, before filling with a fruit mince of your choice and topping with a lid. Brush with a little milk to help them colour.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool before taking out of the tins.