- 400g HCW chickpeas, cooked according to pack instructions
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp HCW tahini
- 2 tsp smoked paprika spice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Slice your red pepper, arrange on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, then turn on the grill for a further 5 – 10 minutes, or until the pepper flesh is soft and the edges are starting to char
- Add the chickpeas, roasted red pepper, tahini, garlic, salt and 1tsp paprika to a blender
- Drizzle generously with olive oil and blend until smooth. Add more olive oil if your mixture is too stiff. You may also add water to thin out the mixture if desired.
- Taste and add more salt or pepper if necessary.
- Sprinkle with paprika to serve.