3/4 cup dried lentils
1 1/2 cups water
1 tbsp HCW gourmet veg stock powder
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup diced onion — about 1/2 medium onion
2 cloves garlic — minced (about 2 teaspoons)
1/2 cup HCW rolled oats
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon HCW fine Himalayan Crystal Salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 large egg (or 2 tbsp psyllium husks with 4 tbsp water).
- Rinse the lentils and cook them in the water and stock until soft.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion & garlic in the oil until the onions are translucent.
- Drain the lentils and set aside the excess water.
- Place the oats, dried oregano, pepper, salt and parsley in a blender and blend until you have a fine ‘flour’.
- Add the cooked onions, tomato paste, half the cooked lentils & egg, and blend until you have a rough paste.
- Add the other half of the cooked lentils and pulse in your blender, but don’t lose all the texture.
- If necessary, use the extra lentil liquid to make the paste more malleable so that you can form it into small balls.
- Heat about 30ml of oil in a pan, place the frikkadels slowly into the oil and fry on a low-medium heat until they are cooked through.