These plant-based patties are gluten-free, non-GMO, a source of plant protein, low in sodium and totally delicious! Serves 4.
- HCW Original Burger Mix
- 8 mini burger buns
- Ripe avocado, mashed
- Carbsmart sugar-free mayo (optional)
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 200ml water
- Olive oil for frying
- Make your burger patties according to the recipe on the box (just add 200ml water and mix!)
- When smooth, form your pattie mixture into 8 small patties – make sure they aren’t too thick; about 2cm thick is ideal. If you are left with extra mixture, rather make extra patties than make your existing ones too thick.
- Allow your patties to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, caramelize your onions in a little olive oil until they are soft and golden brown, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Slice and butter your bread rolls. Add a sprinkling of cheddar cheese and a slice of tomato to the bottom of each roll.
- After 15 minutes have elapsed, heat a splash of olive oil in your frying pan, and add your burger patties. Lightly fry for 3 – 5 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and slightly crispy on the outside.
- Add each patty to your loaded buns, and top with caramelised onion, sliced avo, Carbsmart mayo and a further sprinkling of cheddar cheese.
- Serve hot and enjoy!