This high-fat cheesy garlic bread is made with almond flour, and is a real decadent crowd-pleaser.
- 3 room temp eggs, lightly whisked
- 1.5 cups HCW almond flour
- 2 cups good quality mozzarella, grated
- 2 heaped tbsp cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Carbsmart Umami Seasoning
- 1/4 cup very soft butter
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- large handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Olive oil
- Grease a medium (min 30 cm) cast-iron skillet with olive oil or butter. Preheat your oven to 200C
- Melt your mozzarella and cream cheese in a large bowl for one minute in the microwave. Mix until smooth.
- Add eggs, baking powder and almond flour into your melted cheese. Mix until smooth.
- Scoop your dough out and roll into 6 – 7 balls, roughly the size of a small bread roll. You can arrange these bread rolls into your greased skillet once rolled. They should be closely packed together in the skillet. They will touch and ‘melt’ into one another; that is what you want.
- Sprinkle your bread rolls with your parmesan cheese and dried parsley and Umami spice. Now, place the skillet in the refrigerator to cool for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the cast iron skillet from the refrigerator and bake the garlic butter bread for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In the meantime, combine minced garlic, chopped parsley, and melted butter in a small bowl.
- When your bread is baked, brush it generously with the garlic butter sauce and serve hot. Enjoy!