A filling and vegan Balti curry that’s quick and easy to make. Serves 3
- Half a pack (100g) HCW Soya Mince
- 2tsp HCW Gourmet Stock Powder
- 2 heaped teaspoons of Balti Curry Paste (we used Spice&AllThingsNice)
- 200ml hot water
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 100g cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- 2 tomatoes diced small
- 1 tin tomato mix
- Extra water, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 2 tsp HCW stock to 200ml hot water, and add to your 100g dried soya mince. Cover and allow to rehydrate for 10 minutes. When done, drain the excess water.
- Fry your onions in a little oil until they are translucent. Add your ginger and curry paste and stir for a further 2 minutes.
- Add your chopped cauliflower and 1 tin of tomato mix. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add your drained mince and allow to cook on a low heat for a further 10 minutes, stirring well. Add more water or some coconut milk to adjust consistency if needed.
- Remove from heat when your cauliflower is soft. Garnish with cilantro and lime juice and serve with Roti flatbread, naan or rice. Drizzle some non-dairy yogurt or coconut cream before serving to tame the spices if needed.