It’s been a long year. We all deserve a brownie. Ingredients: 250g unsalted butter, plus extra for the tin 250g pitted dates, roughly chopped 4 large eggs 300g treacle sugar ½ tsp vanilla extract 100g HCW gluten-free all-purpose flour 60g HCW cacao powder ½ tsp sea salt Method:
- Heat oven to 180C
- Grease a 30 x 20cm non-stick tin with butter and line the base with non-stick baking parchment.
- Melt your butter (be careful not to let it boil) and set it aside to cool slightly
- Beat your eggs and sugar together, preferably using an electric beater for 8-10 mins (or thick enough to form peaks).
- Gently fold through the cooled melted butter, followed by the flour, cocoa, vanilla extract and salt. Finally, fold through the date chunks. Pour the brownie batter into the lined tin, place in the centre of the oven and bake for 30-35 mins.
- Leave to cool a little in the tin before cutting into 12 squares.