(Serves 2- 3)
- 1 tbsp HCW Gourmet stock powder
- 1 cup dry Organic Adzuki Beans
- 1 large stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- Farmstyle seed bread
- Soak the dry Adzuki beans in plenty of water overnight
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and sautee together in olive oil until they are golden brown and just starting to darken at the edges.
- Chop the rest of vegetables into chunks (all roughly the size of a sugar cube).
- Add the onions, garlic, beans and vegetable chunks to a large pot
- Cover generously with water; there should be enough water in the pot to leave you with sufficient broth at the end.
- Add a tablespoon of gourmet stock powder and stir in
- Cover with a lid, bring to the boil, then allow to simmer slowly, lid-on, for 2 hours. You can add more water if you need.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve with seed bread and topping of your choice.