1 cup boiling water
1 cup HCW Rice Flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ginger / HCW Cinnamon Powder
40 ml olive oil
2 tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Mix the dried fruit, molasses and boiling water together and allow to soak.
- Sift the dry ingredients and mix together well.
- Add the olive oil to the dry ingredients and then combine with the fruit mix.
- Lastly add the lemon juice
- Spoon into a small greased or non-stick paper lined loaf tin. The mixture must be light and fluffy.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Switch off oven and allow the cake to set in the middle before removing (approx. 30 minutes).